Sunday 20 July 2008

Sleep When I'm Dead

Last weekend The Cure released the latest of their Mix 13 singles, Sleep When I’m Dead is pretty standard post Bloodflowers the Cure single (watch the video here).

In a note posted to the Cure website Robert Smith announced the release of a Mix 13 remix EP, and delivered the following predictable news.

...I NEED A BIT MORE TIME
TO PUT THE FINISHING TOUCHES TO THE ALBUM...
TO DECIDE ON WHAT SONGS MAKE THE FINAL CUT...
AND IN WHAT ORDER...
(frowns... wonders if a 17 song 80 minute album is a double... ?)

SO...
OCTOBER 13TH IT IS THEN...

UNTIL THE NEXT POSTPONEMENT?
HA!!!
RSX
How will I be dealing with the disappointment? I think I will push my fringe out of my eyes, get out my Crayola EMOs and write a poem.

You make me wait and wait and wait,
filled with teenage hate.
offered a remix EP,
I guess that makes up for things to a degree.

Surely you can do better than that? Post your efforts in the comments.

2 comments:

Curious and Cranky said...

An EMO Haiku re the EP

a river of pain
on your lips or even on mine
how we hate waiting

for those needing EMO haiku inspiration - http://www.prestopnik.com/emo_haiku/

Mokdaddy said...

Spoken word by Mokdaddy:

What if I can't wait
What if I die
What if its no good
What if I delay my day of death
for something that's no good
or maybe I am no good?