Saturday 12 January 2008

The Bawley100 - New Years Eve 2007/2008

Bawley was born from boredom and an idea that we could catalogue the best songs of 2007 and play them back over the fast approaching new years party.

Armed with one notepad, one pen, plenty of beers and a few G&T's the Bawley 100 was drafted.

The Bawley 100 was debuted at Racecourse Beach campsite where it provided the soundtrack to New Years Eve 2007/2008.


100 Lupe Fiasco (Feat. Matthew Santos) - Superstar

99 Amy Winehouse - Rehab

98 Grinderman - No Pussy Blues

97 The White Stripes - Conquest

96 The Good The Bad and The Queen - Green Fields

95 Tegan And Sarah - Soil Soil

94 Black Kids - I'm Not Going To Teach Your Boyfriend How To Dance With You

93 M_HUMM - Survivalism (I'm Really Sorry Mix) [link]

92 Pop Levi - Sugar Assault Me Now

91 Josh Pyke - Someone Else's Town

90 Dappled Cities - Fire! Fire! Fire! (DFA mix)

89 The Killers - Read My Mind

88 k-rad - theprayermix

87 Liam Finn - Second Chance

86 Missy Higgins - Steer

85 Expatriate - Crazy

84 Muscles - One Inch Badge Pin

83 My Chemical Romance - Teenagers

82 Lost Valentinos - 17 Deaths

81 LCD Soundsystem - North American Scum

80 Bloc Party - I Still Remember

79 Bjork - Earth Intruders

78 Modest Mouse - Dashboard

77 M.I.A. - Paper Plans

76 Queens of the Stone Age (feat. Trent Reznor) - Era Vulgaris

75 Shout Out Louds - Man On The Moon

74 Art Brut - Direct Hit

73 Blonde Redhead - 23

72 Josh Pyke - Lines On Palms

71 Muscles - Muscles I Love You

70 Radiohead - Jigsaw Falling Into Place

69 British India - Houseparty

68 Kings of Leon - On Call

67 Bloc Party - Flux

66 Iron and Wine - Naked As We Came

65 The Shins - Australia

64 Digitalism - Pogo

63 Hot Chip - Ready For The Floor

62 The Hold Steady - Stuck Between Stations

61 Interpol - No I In Threesome

60 Nine Inch Nails - Zero Sum

59 The White Stripes - Icky Thump

58 silverchair - Straight Lines

57 Tegan and Sarah - The Con

56 Daft Punk - Around The World / Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

55 Simian Mobile Disco - I Believe

54 UNKLE - Burn My Shadow

53 Angus and Julia Stone - Wasted

52 Pnau - Wild Strawberries

51 Midnight Juggernauts - Road To Recovery

50 Kaiser Chiefs - Angry Mob

49 Fall Out Boy - This Aint a Scene, It's An Arms Race

48 The Panics - Don't Fight It

47 Kate Nash - Foundations

46 Cold War Kids - Hospital Beds

45 British India - Run The Red Light

44 Kaiser Chiefs - Love Is Not A Competition (But I Am Winning)

43 Interpol - Mammoth

42 Editors - Smokers Outside The Hospital Doors

41 Cold War Kids - Hang Me Out To Dry

40 The Wombats - Lets Dance To Joy Division

39 Silversun Pickups - Lazy Eye

38 Tegan and Sarah - Back In Your Head

37 Maximo Park - Girls Who Play Guitars

36 The Good The Bad and The Queen - Kingdom Of Doom

35 Midnight Juggernauts - Tombstone

34 Faker - This Heart Attack

33 The Presets - My People

32 Justice - D.A.N.C.E.

31 Cut Of Your Hands - Oh Girl

30 Arctic Monkeys - Teddy Picker

29 Arctic Monkeys - Fluorescent Adolescent

28 Beck - Timebomb

27 LCD Soundsystem - Someone Great

26 Bloc Party - Hunting for Witches

25 Muscles - Icecream

24 Klaxons - It's Not Over

23 Jose Gonzales - Down The Line

22 Arcade Fire - Intervention

21 Josh Pyke - Forever Song

20 Band of Horses - Is There a Ghost

19 Feist - 1234

18 LCD Soundsystem - New York I Love You But Your Bringing Me Down

17 Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Down Boy

16 Editors - An End Has A Start

15 Radiohead - House Of Cards

14 The White Stripes - You Don't Know What Love is (You Just Do What Your Told)

13 Arctic Monkeys - Brianstorm

12 Young and Restless - Police! Police!

11 Kanye West - Stronger

10 Cut Copy - So Haunted

9 Bloc Party - Waiting For The 7:18

8 Klaxons - Golden Skans

7 Radiohead - 15 Step

6 Radiohead - Ceremony

5 Soko - I'll Kill Her

4 Muscles - Sweaty

3 Bloc Party - Sunday

2 LCD Soundsystem - All My Friends

1 Radiohead - All I Need

That is our list, the CD is in the mail.

What did we miss, what have we overrated, your comments...

9 comments:

Mokdaddy said...

I expect this to become a ritual every year between Hummer and me Julie as I am too lazy to bother with such things but like to benefit from the CDs you create.

Tanya

Geordie said...

Great list, what about Seawolf (Your a wolf), The National (Mistaken for Strangers), or Wilco (Impossible Germany)? I never heard loads of them so about to hit up i-tunes for some of them...

Nik said...

I look forward to the merchandise, I need a new t-shirt...

Bawley said...

Small, stop trying to out nerd us.
-BAWLEY

Bawley said...

and what about that shameless self promotion for m_humm and k-rad eh...??? more to come I'm sure :)
-BAWLEY

Bawley said...

Will have to check out the National, I have read about them on plenty of american music blogs but they don't really get played on the radio over here.

Bawley said...

Yes Number 78 Modest Mouse, Dashboard is missing from the m3u file that was on the cd. you can add it in yourself it goes between Bjork, Earth Intruders and MIA, Paper Planes.

Sorry

Daniel said...

Hi there,

Thanks for stumbling across my blog and for your comment.

I did do a top 100 albums of 2007, just not a tracks list like this one. Some interesting choices in here - maybe I'll do both at the end of this year.

Unknown said...

You have a good list as well. I like you're method though. I'd like to try in at the end of this year.

I'm not surprised we both have "All My Friends" near (or on) the top of our lists; it's been quite popular anywhere and rightfully so. Also, I'm very glad you liked "Down Boy" as much as I did, it seed to slip by lots of people I've talked to.

"Ready For The Floor" and "So Haunted" are 2008 songs in the States, so if you remember, you'll definitely see them on my own end of the year list.

- Chris (Flickin' Spit)