Sunday 26 October 2008

Standing in a Record Store Staring at the Sea (4:13 Dream)

This morning I woke up feeling good and wasted no time on the way to the record store, my fist full of cash, my ears ready for 4:13 Dream the new album from The Cure.

Scanning the new releases shelf I couldn’t see the Parched Art cover anywhere, on asking the spotted teenage shop attendant I am told “It aint out 'til Monday” – Wrong!

I begrudgingly walk down the high street and in to HMV, Kate Perry playing on the stereo and a staff comprised of kids who have had less birthdays than The Cure have number one albums, I walk out feeling ill (and empty handed).

Over to my friends at Amazon, with any luck next mail I will be listening to Robert Smith at his gloomy best. Of course when shopping at Amazon the more you buy the cheaper the postage, come back soon for a review of Deerhunter’s Microcastle.

PS: You can stream 4:13 Dream from The Cure’s myspace. It is pretty good :)

No comments: